WELCOME TO RESONANCE
Resonance isn’t your usual higher education provider. It has been created by the music business, for the music business.
Our graduates will be highly employable, distinctly entrepreneurial, and ready to make their mark in the music industry.
Study here, and you’ll leave work-ready, unafraid of exploring new ideas and ‘having a go’.
Real life isn’t an exam. You’ll work to industry-designed projects providing actual commercial challenges and opportunities.
What will you study?
We currently offer five undergraduate degree opportunities, along with an additional foundation year if required.
- BA (Hons) Digital Music
- BMus (Hons) in Popular Music Performance
- BA (Hons) in Popular Music Performance and Production
- BSc (Hons) in Popular Music Production
- BA (Hons) Music Business
- Foundation Year in Popular Music Performance (additional to the above if required)
These will be joined in the near future by further undergraduate and postgraduate courses:
- BA (Hons) Music Education and Wellbeing (from 2021)
- MA in Contemporary Music (from 2023)
In addition, all undergraduates study our unique Professional Diploma, designed to give you the essential ‘soft’ skills for success in a changing global industry.
Resonance is based at Cable Plaza, part of the spectacular Waterfront complex in Brierley Hill, just over half an hour from Birmingham City Centre. The brand-new, purpose-built facilities are outstanding, providing everything an ambitious musician, producer, composer, teacher and entrepreneur would need to excel in their studies.
Take our virtual campus tour to see what you can expect.
Who’s behind Resonance?
Consultation with 48 industry colleagues – including Roland, Focusrite, Korg, Yamaha, Marshall, Fender, Solid State Logic, Avid, Ad Lib Audio, Total Solutions Group and others – has played an important part in shaping Resonance’s pioneering programme, blending vocational learning with academic rigour and research.
Resonance is supported by the Black Country LEP, NESTA and Unity Bank plc. The conversion of Cable Plaza was funded by Black Country LEP, NESTA and Unity Trust Bank, with support from Dudley Metropolitan Borough Council.
* Resonance is the trading name of BICMP, a registered charity (number 1165094) and a franchise partner of Solent University, a dynamic and ambitious international university with over 11,000 students. Students on Resonance foundation and degree courses are registered as students of Solent University and are therefore entitled to all the benefits offered to students attending the main campus (except for the sea!) On successful completion of your course, you will be awarded a Solent University degree.
Our motto says it all: Music, Industry, Education…In Sync.